Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Night of Debauchery with The Giraffes

After an exhausting weekend of class and working the Mastadon show at Irving Plaza, I got a ride down to E. Houston and the Bowery and set off on a short stroll to Mercury Lounge, where I met up with friends for The Giraffes album release party. Having seen them once before at McCarren Park in Brooklyn during the International Kickball Tournament last summer, I knew that a great show was ahead of me! They are certainly, in my opinion, the hottest band in NY at the moment.


(pic by Joe)

Throughout their energetic performance, all I kept thinking was how much of a showman frontman Aaron Lazar is - his stage presence is very much rockstarworthy and the entire set fired up the (mostly) hipster crowd. The band encourages fans to throw beer at them during the show and when booze starts flying at the stage they don't flinch...

A great night all around =)


Me with Giraffes guitarist Damien Paris on stage after the show!
(thanks for the pic Joe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment