Monday, November 23, 2009

Rockin' Out with Bob Weir and Rat Dog

On Saturday October 24th (yes I know this blog post is WAY late... sorry kids!) myself, my brother, my boyfriend and some friends ventured uptown to the Beacon Theater to see Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead and his band Rat Dog, close out the final night of their three-night stand. The show was fantastic, from the set list to the energy of the crowd.



My absolute favorite part was the Persuasions coming out and performing "It Must Have Been the Roses" (one of my favorite Dead songs) acapella. Plus they came out during the encore and performed "Ripple", another one of my favorites!



The set list is as follows...

Set I:
Casey Jones
Jack Straw
Cassidy
Little Red Rooster
Dark Star Jam
Lazy River Road, She Says
Liberty
Bertha

Set II:
Mexicali Blues
Friend of The Devil
Black Throated Wind
It Must Have Been The Roses (The Persuasions)
He's Gone
Jam
The Other One
Stuff
Morning Dew
Dark Star
Cassidy
One More Saturday Night

Encore:
Ripple
U.S. Blues



A great time seeing a legendary performer with those who appreciate music history as much as I do =)

No comments:

Post a Comment