Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bob Dylan at the United Palace Theater - Night 1

Well as 2009 is coming to an end, I just realized that I have not posted reviews from my nights with Bob Dylan at the United Palace Theater in November of 2009... here is my review from night one =) I had written them up and simply have not uploaded them.. Sorry all, I resole to be a MUCH more consistent blogger in 2010.

The first night (Nov. 17) of Bob's 3-night run at the United Palace Theater was a blast. I saw him at this venue last year for the final performance and he was amazing so I jumped on the tickets first thing during pre-sale. SURE my Row CC in the Right Orchestra seats cost me a small fortune (well it cost Dad's Amex... hehe) but what a great view and a great time. I was exceptionally happy with the set list this night =)


Bob from my awesome seat

The entire time leading up to the show all i kept Tweeting (www.twitter.com/aniutachka) about was the hope for hearing "Baby Blue"... the second he went into it ON GUITAR i called it... that was one of the best highlights of my concert going experience ever!! Hearing "John Brown" was phenomenal as well... i LOVE this song... it is as relevant today as it was 40 years ago.. "Ballad" was awesome tonight as well and of course I can't complain about hearing "Cats/Well" and "Hard Rain"..

The security were atrocious... i could not believe how nasty they were to us... i mean almost Nazi-like with their flashlights... it was distracting and we ended up telling them that we were with the Fire Marshals and they FINALLY left us alone.. Honestly, having paid $300+ for tickets, merch and booze I will do WHATEVER I WANT. Simple as that.

Still, great show and Bob & Band were on point.. everyone keeps saying how Charlie has re-energized Bob and company and I totally see it. He sounded, looked and moved MUCH better than last year!

Set List:

1) Cat's In The Well
2) It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
3) Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
4) A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
5) Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
6) John Brown
7) Summer Days
8) Po' Boy
9) Cold Irons Bound
10) If You Ever Go To Houston
11) Highway 61 Revisited
12) Ain't Talkin'
13) Thunder On The Mountain
14) Ballad Of A Thin Man
E) Like A Rolling Stone
E) Jolene
E) All Along The Watchtower

No comments:

Post a Comment