Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Giraffes... AGAIN!

Well it's official: if you do not go see the Giraffes play, you are uncool. Seriously guys, this is the BEST band in the world that no one seems to know about. If you need proof of the type of band these guys are, read my previous blog posts!

In late January, an email went around inviting us to see the Giraffes headline another night at Mercury Lounge. Those in the know filled the room (Max. Capacity 200) for what is ALWAYS an incredibly fun show. From the very start, as the beers flew on stage the band didn't flinch and continued playing hard. Being a smart-ass, I decided to fling the remnants of my beer at Aaron Lazar, the band's gorgeous lead signer, only to have him throw one back at me. Of course THAT was followed by a lovely spitball directly at me (once again, Aaron... who can get away with murder if he wanted to...)


The Giraffes on stage at Mercury Lounge, NYC, January 2010

The drinking and debauchery was endless and my friends and I, as always, had a blast with our fellow rock n' rollers who know how to have an incredible New York time. After the show, we visited Aaron by coat check where he was selling the bands' merch. We hung out for a bit, bought the bands ridiculously good album "Prime Motivator" and were gifted with awesome Giraffes buttons... I don't have the set-list for the show, but it was GREAT!


Aaron feeding Damien some of G-Ds nectar ;-)

Next time, do yourself a favor, and COME TO THE SHOW! You will not be disappointed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment