Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bob Dylan at Terminal 5 in NYC

One of the greatest perks of working in the entertainment industry (especially in the area of touring and venues) is that every once in a while, you get a hook up and don't have to pay the outrageous prices that tickets have become.

Ari and I in the 2nd Mezz at Terminal 5 for Bob Dylan - Nov. 23, 2011

Well during an insane stretch of shows, I had some karma shine down on me! While working at an Allman Brothers show, I met an old-school security guy, Heed, who mentioned that he was going to be working the Bob Dylan concert run at Terminal 5 at the end of November. Not missing a beat, I asked him if he would be able to get me and one of my friend's in during our one night off. He said no problem, and so began one of the greatest 24 hours of my life!

Right before showtime at T5 for Bob Dylan - Nov. 23, 2011

Ari and I were slightly nervous as we approached the venue because T5 is known to be completely hardass as far as comps are concerned. Plus, Dylan's security is known to be notoriously NOT nice when it comes to any sort of issue and or drama. When we saw Heed at the door, we knew we were golden! We walked right up to him and gave him a big group hug as the velvet rope lifted and we were let it, no questions asked. Just like that, she and I managed to sneak in to see the legend that is Bob Dylan. It was exhilarating, to say the least.

Quick pic from the VIP Side Area at T5 of Bob on the keys - Nov. 23, 2011

This was the second night of his NYC run and unlike last year, when I attended all 3 of his local shows, due to work obligations this was the only night I could make it. Though there were certain songs I was dying to hear (some of which I had never heard live) I was just happy to be inside.

Set List:
1. Gonna Change My Way Of Thinking (Bob on keyboard)
2. This Wheel's On Fire (Bob center stage on harp)
3. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again (Bob on guitar)

Bob on his ax - Nov. 23, 2011

4. Just Like A Woman (Bob on keyboard)
5. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin)
6. Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob on guitar)

Bob on his guitar again!! Nov. 23, 2011

7. Things Have Changed (Bob on guitar)
8. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin)
9. High Water (For Charley Patton)(Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on banjo)

Bob center stage - Nov. 23, 2011

10. Masters Of War (Bob on keyboard)
11. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on violin)
12. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on keyboard then center stage on harp)
13. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob center stage on harp)

(encore)
15. Jolene (Bob on keyboard)
16. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)

Bob Dylan and His Band - Nov. 23, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment