Monday, November 22, 2010

Furthur at MSG :-D

One of the craziest stretch of shows in my life began on a reasonably warm November weekend. Furthur was playing Madison Square Garden (The World's Most FAMOUS Arena) Saturday (20th) and Sunday (21st). As I was working on Saturday, Sunday night was my only chance to see how a "Dead" show would play out at MSG.

(The Empire State Building in neon lights for the Dead... under a full moon!)

The Good:
My brother, our friends and I saw a GREAT set, with a chance to hang out! Plus, we got to see one of our favorite bands under the retired numbers and championship banners of our favorite hockey team: the New York Rangers!

(My brother's NY Rangers Dead shirt)

The Bad:
MSG was hardly sold out... in fact, the entire 400s level was blacked out. In all the years that I have been going to this amazing venue I have NEVER seen anything like it! I felt that the energy of the crowd was depleted by the lack of people.

(Empty bleachers of MSG)

But alas, not the worst way to spend a November Sunday :-)

(My brother Slava & I at MSG for Furthur)

2 comments:

  1. section 400 closed only on the second night not the first

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that. It was just weird to see the Garden empty up on top.

    ReplyDelete